Parkland Music provides professional double bass courses, suitable for those who are interested in learning double bass. The double bass course of this music school is taught by professional double bass teachers.
Basic course info
- 1-on-1 lessons
- 8 lessons per period
- You can choose songs according to your preferences
- New students can enjoy an extra class for free
- Eight lessons for the entire period plus one extra lesson, that is, nine lessons.
- This offer cannot overlap with other offers
- Introduction to the structure of the double bass and posture of playing
- How to choose the right double bass
- Left and right hand coordination, finger flexibility and endurance training
- Learn full, middle and upper half bow techniques
- Tone and pitch training
- Practicing fingering/bow holding, scale training and different forms of accompaniment
- Various fingerings, chord theory and chord tips
- Use sentences or songs of various double bass masters as exercises
- Recognize and learn the playing skills of world-renowned double bassists
- Research on classical music (including: Baroque period, classical music period, romantic period, 19th century works)
- Arpeggios, speed solo, and scales
- Dynamics when performing solo
- Musical theory knowledge, music reading training
- Analyze how the classic tunes are composed
- How to use the double bass to compose and arrange music
- Multiple rhythm training
- Recognition of a variety of complex beats
- Improvisation training
- Aural, ear training
- Analyze the characteristics of different brands of double bass
- Knowledge of Double Bass Maintenance
- Correct, effective and time-saving practice methods
Exams, certificates, competitions and performance opportunities
- Training performance and test-taking skills
- Participation in string orchestras can be arranged
- Arrange to participate in the Royal Academy of Music ABRSM
- Arrange to participate in the Trinity Exam at Trinity College of Music
- Arrange to participate in various types of open competitions
- After completing 8 lessons, you can participate in the Parkland student show (about once a season under normal circumstances) with the consent of the instructor
- After completing 8 classes, students can apply for Parkland certificate
Should I choose 30, 45 or 60 minutes?
- 30-minute course: It is more suitable for children under 5 years old and weak in concentration. It is recommended that other students choose 45-minute or 60-minute courses to learn faster and more effectively.
- 45-minute course: about 15 minutes for homework review and teacher’s comments, 25 minutes to learn skills with songs (you can choose your own songs), 5 minutes for Q&A
- 60-minute course: about 15 minutes for homework review and teacher comments, 40 minutes to learn skills with songs (you can choose songs), 5 minutes for Q&A
- 60-minute course is about double the time of 45-minute course. You can learn new skills more effectively! If you have the determination and perseverance to learn well, don't think too much, choose the 60-minute course!
- Online enrolment only applies for 8 individual, one-to-one courses for the time being.
- Please select the level and pay first, then you can choose the preferred location and the timeslots afterwards.
- After registration, we will contact you and arrange the class shortly👍🏻
- The first enrolment will be charged a one-time registration administrative fee of $50