Parkland Music offers professional French horn courses, suitable for those who are interested in learning French horn. Our music school has famous French horn teachers and French horn tutors.
Basic course materials
- Individual teaching
- Eight lessons per period
- You can choose the songs that suit your classmates' level according to their preferences
- New students can enjoy an extra class for free
- Eight lessons for the entire period plus one extra lesson, that is, nine lessons.
- This offer cannot overlap with other offers
- Introduction to the structure and posture of the French horn
- French Horn holding posture
- Lip shape control
- Sound volume control
- Respiratory coordination and volume control
- Tongue Control
- Arpeggio playing
- Scaling conversion
- Keystroke exercise
- Musical theory knowledge, sight reading training
- Listening and intonation training
- Performance training
- Ensemble training
- Research on classical music (including: Baroque period, classical music period, romantic period, 19th century works)
- Use sentences or songs of many French horn masters as exercises
- Recognize and learn the playing skills of world-renowned French horn players
- Analyze and disassemble how the classic tunes are composed
- How to use the French Horn to compose and arrange music
- Multiple rhythm training
- Recognition of a variety of complex beats
- Improvisation training
- Aural, ear training
- Analyze the characteristics of different brands of French Horn
- Knowledge of French Horn maintenance
- Correct, effective and time-saving practice methods
Exams, certificates, competitions and performance opportunities
- Training performance and test-taking skills
- To be arranged for participating in bands can be arranged
- To be arranged for taking the Rockschool International Exam
- To be arranged for taking the Trinity Rock & Pop International Exam
- To be arranged for participating in various types of open competitions
- After completing 8 lessons, you can participate in the Parkland student show (about once a season under normal circumstances) with the consent of the instructor
- After completing 8 classes, students can apply for Parkland certificate
Should I choose 30, 45 or 60 minutes?
- 30-minute course: It is more suitable for children under 5 years old and weak in concentration. It is recommended that other students choose 45-minute or 60-minute courses to learn faster and more effectively.
- 45-minute course: about 15 minutes for homework review and teacher’s comments, 25 minutes to learn skills with songs (you can choose your own songs), 5 minutes for Q&A
- 60-minute course: about 15 minutes for homework review and teacher comments, 40 minutes to learn skills with songs (you can choose songs), 5 minutes for Q&A
- 60-minute course is about double the time of 45-minute course. You can learn new skills more effectively! If you have the determination and perseverance to learn well, don't think too much, choose the 60-minute course!
- Online enrolment only applies for 8 individual, one-to-one courses for the time being.
- Please select the level and pay first, then you can choose the preferred location and the timeslots afterwards.
- After registration, we will contact you and arrange the class shortly👍🏻
- The first enrolment will be charged a one-time registration administrative fee of $50